Rica Peralejo emotional over her son Philip’s moving up ceremony

Actress Rica Peralejo can’t help but be emotional as her first son, Philip Nathaniel moved up to Grade One. Philip is the first child of Rica with her husband, Pastor Joseph Bonifacio.

In her Instagram account, Rica posted several photos of their son, Philip. According to Rica, Philip’s moving up ceremony was postponed due to the pandemic. Rica also shared that they were asked to send photos of Philip wearing his sablay, LLH pin and his certificate. Rica can’t help but be emotional as she was looking at the photos.

==========

Related Stories:

==========

Rica wrote:
“So we took these yesterday. My son moved up to Grade One this year but the ceremony had to be postponed for a few months due to the pandemic. Finally, it is happening and we were asked to send in photos of our boy with his sablay, LLH pin and certificate. Now as I was transferring photos from camera to phone and sending them to our provider, I couldn’t help but write this.

“How can you be grade one now and how can you be seven in three months? All the numbers are going up, yours and mine, but all that means is that there is less time.😭 From the moment you were born, it was always about letting you go. My only prayer is that you’d still like to meet me for deeps and sillies even when you have no longer any need from me. By that point, it is I who will need more from you and I hope you will always understand that though we never own you, we will always, always, want to be with you. 🤍 You are my firstborn and equal, a son and a good friend. Love you, Philip. You are so precious to me.”

Here we go again. A simple ritual, a simple requirement throwing me off into the depths of motherhood. Moms have to manage many silent cries. And we often have to quickly wipe the tears away as we get up and tend to need after need, lest they see and ask why. For how can we tell them it is because you? You are the reason behind these salty drops streaking my harried face. Tears of joy mostly, yes, but also some of sadness, some kind of advanced grief or mourning for those days when things would no longer be the same. When I am safe from stepping on Legos and the books are always arranged, with nothing much to do but gather dust. 💭”

(Photo source: Instagram – @ricaperalejo)

FEATURED VIDEO:


Source: Showbiz Chika

0 comments