Korina Sanchez denies reports that she is being ‘retrenched’ by ABS-CBN

TV broadcaster Korina Sanchez clarified the ongoing news that she was ‘retrenched’ from ABS-CBN due to the shutdown. Korina said she cannot be retrenched because she already retired three years ago. Korina made the clarification during her online interview with Tim Yap.

“First of all, I wasn’t retrenched, contrary to some of the headlines. No, I wasn’t retrenched because I was able to negotiate a really good retirement package with Mr. Gabby Lopez three years ago,” Korina said.

“I was able to get a really generous package three years ago, so hindi na nila ko pwedeng i-retrench kasi nakapag-retire na ako three years ago,” added Korina.

Korina also said she asked the permission from ABS-CBN to take her magazine show “Rated K” with her and that is the one financing it now.

“So, I was telling Ging Reyes, the head of news – baka naman pwede mo kaming pagbigyan na sa akin na lang, I take over the page, I finance the production of the continuation of ‘Rated K’ online doon sa Facebook page,’ and she agreed. So now, we were able to watch ‘Rated K’ every Sunday on ‘Rated Korina’ page every Sunday,” ended Korina.

(Photo source: Instagram – @korina)


Source: Showbiz Chika

0 comments